Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After internet recovery of preinstalled Lion on my Mid 2011 Mac mini. iPhoto is not available

My Mid 2011 Macmini 2.3 Core i5 with 4GB memory and no optical drive or installation DVD, it came preloaded with Lion.
Recently I had to do my 1st internet recovery of Lion into this Macmini which is successful.

iPhoto is not available after the recovery and all Software Updates.

it is also not available for download from the purchase section of App Store, even though the serial number of this mac is registered with my apple id.

Any suggestion.

Regards,

Andrew

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.6), null

Posted on May 1, 2015 9:16 AM

2 replies

May 1, 2015 4:22 PM in response to wulee

In fact I notice that on the purchase section App Store iPhoto is available for download on the purchase section but the available version can only be installed on Yosemite but not on on my recovered Lion, and I prefer to keep Lion rather than upgrade to yosemite.

Any help that I can obtain iPhoto for Lion?

Thanks.

Regards,

Andrew

May 3, 2015 1:11 AM in response to wulee

iPhoto is not available after the recovery and all Software Updates.

iPhoto is not part of Lion. It would be a separate install.

Any help that I can obtain iPhoto for Lion?

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MC623Z-A-iLife-VERSION/dp/B003XKRZES

Do you have a backup of your previous system? If you do, you can copy the older iPhoto (version 9.4.3) from it.

I prefer to keep Lion rather than upgrade to yosemite.

You didn't ask me for it, but in my opinion, Lion is clearly the worst OS X version in the last 5 years.

After internet recovery of preinstalled Lion on my Mid 2011 Mac mini. iPhoto is not available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.