Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to I cut the videos on Motion?

I am trying to cut a specific part off a 5 min video. I dont know how to do it. Please help!

Posted on May 1, 2015 11:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2015 12:04 PM

Select the Layer, place your playhead where you want to make a cut, go to the Edit menu, select Split, to perform a Cut edit. Then you can select that new layer, cut (Split) it again. Select the layer of the section in the middle you want to get rid of, and delete that layer, which will leave a gap in your Timeline. Or select it and go to the Edit menu and select Ripple Delete to close the gap.

Or you can simply grab the head or tail of a clip and drag it to performa a simple Trim edit.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2015 12:04 PM in response to Tyler from Samoa

Select the Layer, place your playhead where you want to make a cut, go to the Edit menu, select Split, to perform a Cut edit. Then you can select that new layer, cut (Split) it again. Select the layer of the section in the middle you want to get rid of, and delete that layer, which will leave a gap in your Timeline. Or select it and go to the Edit menu and select Ripple Delete to close the gap.

Or you can simply grab the head or tail of a clip and drag it to performa a simple Trim edit.

How to I cut the videos on Motion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.