Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I already have a valid payment method for my iTunes account, but can't get past the Family Sharing setup prompt telling me to add a payment method . What to do?

I already have a valid payment method for my iTunes account, but can't get past the Family Sharing setup prompt telling me to add a payment method . What to do?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 1, 2015 8:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2015 9:46 PM

I had the same problem and found a bunch of others did, too. Unfortunately all the posts had no responses! Anyway, I previously had my payment method linked to my paypal. I tried changing it to my credit card and it worked. Don't know if there's a bug with using paypal but that seemed to be the culprit for me. Good luck!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2015 9:46 PM in response to printspat

I had the same problem and found a bunch of others did, too. Unfortunately all the posts had no responses! Anyway, I previously had my payment method linked to my paypal. I tried changing it to my credit card and it worked. Don't know if there's a bug with using paypal but that seemed to be the culprit for me. Good luck!

May 24, 2016 5:44 AM in response to printspat

Valid payment methods differ slightly for Family sharing accounts. Make sure you are using an acceptable method of payment when setting up Family accounts.

Payment methods for Family Sharing

If you're using Family Sharing and you're the family organizer, you can use the following payment methods:

• Credit cards
  • Debit cards
  • China UnionPay
  • Mobile phone billing

More information can be found here.

Payment methods you can use in the iTunes Store, App Store, and iBooks Store - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.