Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How many 3440 x 1440 monitors can you connect to the latest MacPro?

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 1, 2015 10:00 AM

3 replies

May 1, 2015 10:12 AM in response to gareth154

Apple is not clean in:

Mac Pro (Late 2013): Using multiple displays - Apple Support

It includes

Can I connect more than 2 DVI or HDMI displays?

Mac Pro supports a total of two DVI or HDMI displays when connected via the built-in HDMI port or using the Apple Mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter. To connect additional DVI displays, use an active DVI adaptersuch as the Apple Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI adapter. You can connect up to six active adapter DVI displays. This requires a powered USB hub since Mac Pro offers four USB ports and you will need six to connect them all.

However, that article says:

Six Apple Thunderbolt Displays (27-inch), Apple LED Cinema Displays (27-inch), or third-party Mini DisplayPort displays.

So it appears you can with active dual-link DVI adopter or monitors with a display/min displayport connection.

May 1, 2015 3:01 PM in response to lllaass

Thank you for coming back to me so quickly on this. I agree that the Apple guidelines are not clear.

In theory though, based on the statement :

Six Apple Thunderbolt Displays (27-inch), Apple LED Cinema Displays (27-inch), or third-party Mini DisplayPort displays.

you should be able to connect six of the Dell 34 Curved monitors as they have Mini DisplayPort inputs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.