Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IMovie project will not export from IPhone 6

I have tried to export at the lowest size level Medium 360p and Save video to my phone and to ITunes. I have bought more storage for my phone to fit it. The movie size is 1min 41 sec. It tells me it is "exporting movie" for a long time and then nothing happens. Please advise. Thank you!

iPhone 6

Posted on May 1, 2015 11:52 AM

7 replies

May 3, 2015 8:44 PM in response to donwhine

Good point. My video came from another source. I did some other analysis:

Fotos and Videos taken with iPhone or iPad works well

Fotos coming from another source, works but last very long. One picture (5sec) about 2-3mins for exporting

Videos from another source, doesn't work or lasts extremely long. A 1:30min sequence was after 3 hours at 50%, where I stopped it

Both picture and video was taken with a usual camera in HD (not 4k) and imported using the Foto App on my Mac. Seems the mobile imovie App is not capable to work with other formats than iPhone or ipad. Okay in such a case I can use the imovie App on my Mac, but I can't work mobile. :-(

May 3, 2015 9:04 PM in response to Gerhard Leeb

...just finished a birthday project after syncing to iphone 6 a bunch of clips shot with a variety of cameras, iphone 6, panasonic lumix, some converted clip from a Sony AVCHD camera, some other .mp4 clips... The final video is approx. 4-minutes and was able to share iMovie iOS project to my Camera Roll to 1080p and to iTunes.

Just out of curiosity, what type of video clips are you using?

May 4, 2015 9:52 AM in response to donwhine

Yes it is coming from the source of the video. I'm using a Garmin Virb elite Action Cam. With 1080p and 30fps. It's a .mov format which I import into Photo Mediathek at the Mac. It than gets synced to iPhone and iPad. Another Camera (Parrot bebop Drone) and iphone camera works well. But videos from Garmin virb doesn't export or lasts hours per minute. Any hint?

May 4, 2015 10:01 PM in response to Gerhard Leeb

Nope... but, would it be nice if a free, mobile non-linear editor could support every type of video encoded with every single third party software converter? ;-)

Pardon, I see that you shot only 1080p @ 30fps... I never used this camera before and was curious what type of video it generates, size and bit rate.

Also, never used Photo Mediatic on the Mac. What do you do with it?

May 4, 2015 10:24 PM in response to donwhine

The Virb can produce other formats too, but I used 1080p 30fps. Need to test with other formats. However, now as I know it is not a problem of the new mobile imovie version, this is Okay for me because I never ever would expect that a free software will cope with all video formats ;-). But I thought it worked before the update and now it doesn't. Seems this was a mistake, most likely I never used a virb video with mobile imovie before. On the Mac imovie works fine with virb files.

I currently use the photo app and mediathek simply to synchronize the photos to my devices iPhone, ipad and Mac. So all pictures and videos are on all devices. Hope apple will somehow allow to select which videos/pictures to sync, because after some time it will blow my storage at iPhone and iPad and there is no serious reason to sync all photos/videos.

IMovie project will not export from IPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.