Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final cut won't export the correct settings for MXF videos

I have final cut 10.2 and compressor 4.2. My video footage is DSLR media shot at 1920x1080 at 29.97 in Mpeg format. I create an NTSC timeline that is 29.97 and 1080P and I can import and edit with this no problem. My issue is i want to export as 1080i29.97 XDCAM HD 422 50 Mbps in MXF format.(their is a preset for this in compressor) What i get is an mxf file that is 720x576 at 25 FPS and the picture is squished. I added the destination through Final cut to compressor and selected the preset i want. I also checked the preset and the settings are correct. You can see from the picture below.

User uploaded file

However when i select this destination from Finalcut 10 it shows in the settings that it is 1080i and also 720x576 on the same page! You can see from the image below that the title of the destination is "1080i29.97 XDCAM HD 422 50 Mbps" and below that it says 1080i, 8ch 24bit mono tracks. But at the bottom of this menu it says 720 x 576 | 25 fps!

User uploaded file

if i export as a master file this does not happen, even if i choose XD CamEX 50Mbps. Any help is appreciated. Not sure what is going on. Thanks

Posted on May 1, 2015 9:26 AM

2 replies

Final cut won't export the correct settings for MXF videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.