Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Re: Numbers 08 file will not open in Numbers 3.0

This is inexcusable, and the fact that no moderator from apple has stepped in to offer any help is worse.

I have all of my company invoices in .numbers files.

When I updated to OS X 10.10.3, all my previous iWork apps disappeared.

With no app to open .numbers docs, it kicked me to the apple store to RE-buy numbers.

$20 later, Numbers 3 won't open my documents because they are too old.

Words fail. Thank you apple.

Posted on May 1, 2015 9:10 AM

5 replies

May 1, 2015 9:55 AM in response to thinayr

Hi thinayr,

You are in the Numbers for Mac User forum. We are users like yourself.

To retreive your '08 files you will need to open and save them in '09. There are trial versions out there. Make sure you update it to the latest version 2.3; the others run slow on Yosemite. After you have them in '09 you will be able to open them in 3. The old thread you came from is not the only one discussing this. There is a lot of help out there.

Is iWork 08 compatible with a new computer running OS X Yosemite?

etc..

quinn

May 3, 2015 3:55 PM in response to thinayr

I have the same problem. It is an outrage. I mean, think of the problems for a business if required by law to provide information only to find the information is hidden in a "too old" Numbers file. What are we meant to do? What are the software designers thinking of? The end users? I am regretting giving up my paper accounts book (sort of, but I don't miss the arithmetical column totalling).

Re: Numbers 08 file will not open in Numbers 3.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.