Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari not working iPhone 5 just does a continues to search. I have reset my phone.

Have reset. Have updated. Safari just continues to load and lock on the screen.
All apps, FB etc working.

Posted on May 1, 2015 10:48 AM

10 replies

May 1, 2015 11:40 AM in response to MRCOWELL

"Jailbroken" means unauthorized modification of the phone to allow installing unapproved apps and is the most common cause of instability and bizarre behavior of iPhones. See this:

Unauthorized modification of iOS has been a major source of instability, disruption of services, and other issues

If your phone isn't jailbroken, try these steps as needed (assuming you've already done the phone reset and have internet connection with other apps):

1. Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings

2. Restore to factory settings, also restoring a backup

3. Restore to factory settings without restoring a backup (as a new phone)

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings

May 1, 2015 11:20 AM in response to MRCOWELL

I've done a comparison to another iPhone 5. Same updates, setting from what I can see etc.
Other iPhone loads quickly. But I notice a Lock the in Search Window of working iPhone (Web Search). example - Lock Yahoo,com

Also noticed the controls like the word setting has a dark (shaded) back ground to them. My phone doesn't.

May 1, 2015 11:43 AM in response to MRCOWELL

I notice a Lock the in Search Window of working iPhone (Web Search). example - Lock Yahoo,com

If you're referring to the search box there is no "lock" icon in iOS Safari and the search engine (i.e. Yahoo) is set in Settings > Safari > Search engine"

Also noticed the controls like the word setting has a dark (shaded) back ground to them

Again, there is no "word setting control" - no idea what you mean by that. If English isn't your primary language, get help posting or post in your native language. Did you follow the suggestion in my last post?

Safari not working iPhone 5 just does a continues to search. I have reset my phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.