Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video no longer plays on iPad 2 with iOS 8.3

I used to watch videos using the Apple Trailers app, YouTube, CBS and ABC apps. After the iOS 8.3 update, none of them will play videos anymore. They all basically indicate they cannot connect to the source server. Some of them even state my iPad is not connected to the Internet when it really is.

On the bright side, the Netflix app works perfectky fine.

Any solutions would be very welcome.

Thank you.

iPad 2, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 1, 2015 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2015 12:28 PM

Hi there Gauntletweilder,

It sounds like nothing but Netflix is playing video. I would recommend that you quit all the running apps on the iPad:

iOS: Force an app to close

Double-click the Home button.

Swipe left or right until you have located the app you wish to close.

Swipe the app up to close it.

When you have done that restart the device and test the issue again:

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

if this is Safari that you are watching the videos on, I would clear the history and website data, restart the iPad and try again:

Safari web settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

To clear your history and cookies from Safari in iOS 8, tap Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data. In iOS 7 or earlier, tap Clear History and tap Clear Cookies and Data.

To clear other stored information from Safari, tap Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data > Remove All Website Data.

If this is happening with apps other than Safari then I would, backup your device to iTunes, then restore it as new and verify that it works.

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

If it does, then restore your backup to either verify it still works and the software just needed reinstalled, or isolate the issue to the backup file itself.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Sterling

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2015 12:28 PM in response to Gauntletwielder

Hi there Gauntletweilder,

It sounds like nothing but Netflix is playing video. I would recommend that you quit all the running apps on the iPad:

iOS: Force an app to close

Double-click the Home button.

Swipe left or right until you have located the app you wish to close.

Swipe the app up to close it.

When you have done that restart the device and test the issue again:

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

if this is Safari that you are watching the videos on, I would clear the history and website data, restart the iPad and try again:

Safari web settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

To clear your history and cookies from Safari in iOS 8, tap Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data. In iOS 7 or earlier, tap Clear History and tap Clear Cookies and Data.

To clear other stored information from Safari, tap Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data > Remove All Website Data.

If this is happening with apps other than Safari then I would, backup your device to iTunes, then restore it as new and verify that it works.

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

If it does, then restore your backup to either verify it still works and the software just needed reinstalled, or isolate the issue to the backup file itself.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Sterling

Video no longer plays on iPad 2 with iOS 8.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.