Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wifi settings

This new 13" Macbook Pro doesn't find by preferred wifi settings after it has been sleeping for a while.

I have to go through the "Network Diagnostics" page, and when I reach the "DHCP or PPPoE" question, it only then hooks up to the correct wifi.

Have checked the Network page on System Settings, and my wifi is at the top, although two other unknown wifis are listed below it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015)

Posted on May 1, 2015 12:12 PM

8 replies

May 1, 2015 12:33 PM in response to gaginker

gaginker wrote:

This new 13" Macbook Pro

Apple>About This Mac>More Info>Service

User uploaded file

Please read the warranty paperwork that came w/your computer.

You have 14 days to return the computer w/no questions asked.

You have 90 days of FREE phone tech support on top of your standard 1 year warranty unless you also purchased AppleCare which gives you an additional 2 years of coverage plus FREE phone support.

Strongly suggest that you take FULL advantage of the above before it runs out. Let Apple deal w/the problems.

User uploaded file

Jul 7, 2015 2:13 AM in response to gaginker

Disappointed to find that Yosemite 10.10.4 did not solve my problem.

This new MacBook Pro continues to drop the wifi connection whenever it sleeps or is shut down. There's a fairly quick way of reconnecting - turning off the wifi at the icon on the menu bar, and then immediately back on - but it's still a **** nuisance, and no Apple tech has any idea why this is happening. Very frustrating.

wifi settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.