Related Article: Make purchases using Apple Pay

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pay / iPhone 5s

I have an iPhone 5s (latest software) and Apple Watch. In the Apple Watch app, I select "My Watch" / "Passbook & Apple Pay". I tap "Add a Credit or Debit Card". From then on I just get the "waiting twirl", eventually the iPhone says "Could Not Connect to Apple Watch - Make sure your Apple Watch is nearby, powered on, and not in Airplane mode." ... which it is all three.

BUT, I'm successfully paired to the Watch. What do I try next?

Apple Watch, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 1, 2015 11:28 AM

2 replies

May 3, 2015 11:59 AM in response to Jeff DeMello

Hi Jeff DeMello,

If you are having trouble setting up Apple Pay on your Apple Watch, take a look at the steps outlined in this article.

Set up and use Apple Pay with Apple Watch - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204506

Here's what you need to start using Apple Pay:

*If you turn off Wrist Detect, remove your passcode, or sign out of iCloud, all credit and debit cards will be removed from your Apple Watch.

Set up Apple Pay

Even if you already set up Apple Pay on your iPhone or iPad, you need to add your payment cards to your Apple Watch using the Apple Watch app on iPhone. Unlock your watch, then use these steps to set up Apple Pay:

1. Open the Apple Watch app on iPhone and tap My Watch.
  2. Scroll down and tap Passbook & Apple Pay.
  3. Tap Add Credit or Debit Card, then tap Next.
  4. If you have a supported credit or debit card on file with iTunes, enter the card’s security code. Otherwise, use the camera to capture the information on your credit or debit card. Then fill in any additional information needed, including the card security code.
  5. Tap Next. Your bank will verify your information and decide if you can add your card to Apple Pay. If they need more information, they'll ask you to provide additional verification. You can verify your card any time after you've added it to the Apple Watch app on iPhone. Just return to the app, tap the card, tap Enter Code, then follow the instructions.
  6. After your card is verified, tap Next. You'll receive a notification on Apple Watch that your card is ready for Apple Pay. Then you can start using Apple Pay with your Apple Watch.

Hope that helps ...

- Judy

Apple Pay / iPhone 5s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.