Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where do I join a discussion community concerning lost music that I received from other sources because it was not available on iTunes and now it is available on iTunes

Recently did a overall of my computer system including complete reinstallation of latest system software. I notice a lot of my music was missing. In particular, a lot of my Afro Cuban cultural stuff that was never available at App store. I received it from other sources. Now I go up on App Store and this music is available for sale there. It seems to me that something serious is going on here but I'm not ready to point any fingers. Has anyone experienced the same problem?

Mac mini (Mid 2010), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on May 1, 2015 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2015 5:29 PM

I do not understand your concern.

To me having music only available in iTunes after you purchased it from another source is not abnormal at all.

19 replies

May 2, 2015 12:16 AM in response to theplantm

If you don't have that music anywhere then see if you can redownload it from where you originally bought it from or, if copied from CDs, re-copy the CDs.

Music bought from iTunes you might be able to redownload via the Purchased link under Quick Links on the right-hand side of the iTunes store homepage.

If the music is now available in the iTunes store then the rights-holders for it for your country must now have granted Apple a license to sell it there, the music that is available in iTunes will change over time (music can be added and removed from a country's store by the rights-holders).

May 2, 2015 8:04 PM in response to lllaass

Trust me. I don't want to believe that Apple would do such aa thing. And I didn't believe that anyone hacked my system. i have been into ,Apple before the Mac came out Apple II. I just couldn't figure out who did it. And when this music thing happened and my music disappeared and suddenly Apple offers the same music that it had any interest in before, I have become very suspicious.. I've got to figure out how to check my iPad backup as I may have copies here.

May 2, 2015 10:14 PM in response to theplantm

A backup of an iOS device that's done to a computer's iTunes or to the cloud doesn't contain any of your iTunes store downloads nor any of your own content in the device's Music and Videos apps (it contains documents, photos, settings etc) - an iTunes restore looks to pick them up from your iTunes library, or for an iCloud restore it will redownload the iTunes store purchases that it can.

If you haven't got them on your backup of your iTunes library, nor still on an iPod or iOS device, then see if you can redownload them from wherever you originally got them

Where do I join a discussion community concerning lost music that I received from other sources because it was not available on iTunes and now it is available on iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.