Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How come I have to put in my iCloud password on my iPad 4 every time I turn it on since it last updated

HHow do I save my password for iCloud so I don't have to type it in every time I turn on my iPad

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 8.0.2

Posted on May 1, 2015 12:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2015 12:18 PM

Howdy susiecue,

Signing out of iCloud in Settings -> iCloud, then restarting your iPad and signing back in may help prevent it from prompting for your iCloud password every time you turn it on.

Note that when signing out of iCloud, you'll be prompted to delete information. This process will remove iCloud information from your device, but not from iCloud. Upon signing back in and re-enabling options the same data should be transferred back to your iPad.

On your iOS device: Go to Settings > iCloud, then at the bottom of the screen, tap Sign Out (Delete Account in iOS 7 and earlier).

iCloud: Change iCloud feature settings
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH2613

Regards,

Allen

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2015 12:18 PM in response to susiecue

Howdy susiecue,

Signing out of iCloud in Settings -> iCloud, then restarting your iPad and signing back in may help prevent it from prompting for your iCloud password every time you turn it on.

Note that when signing out of iCloud, you'll be prompted to delete information. This process will remove iCloud information from your device, but not from iCloud. Upon signing back in and re-enabling options the same data should be transferred back to your iPad.

On your iOS device: Go to Settings > iCloud, then at the bottom of the screen, tap Sign Out (Delete Account in iOS 7 and earlier).

iCloud: Change iCloud feature settings
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH2613

Regards,

Allen

How come I have to put in my iCloud password on my iPad 4 every time I turn it on since it last updated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.