Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CD-R shows wrong CD Title

This is really weird. I burned an audio CD-R for someone. When I insert it into any one of our 6 Macs, the icon that shows up simply shows "Audio CD". When that same CD-R is inserted into my friends Mac Pro running 10.10, it shows up with some long Spanish name and AL-ANON in the middle! I have no such file on my computer and neither does my friend. We imported it into itunes as a Wave file and tried burning a new CD using Toast 12 and naming it correctly. But the CD-R we burn still have this strange Spanish text on its icon!! Is it possible that the original blank CD-R had some kind of data on it with that title embedded? And why does it show up fine on so many other Macs but that one Mac Pro?

Frank

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 1, 2015 12:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2015 5:33 AM

When you move your burned CD to a different computer (or account) it looks in a database of track lengths to try and guess the CD name. Your CD's track lengths happen to match a commercial Spanish CD.

<https://support.apple.com/HT201963>

1 reply

CD-R shows wrong CD Title

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.