Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5c screen plaid pattern

Hi, this morning the screen on my Iphone5c changed to a plaid pattern, I have tried rebooting the phone and also have done a factory reset throuth iTunes. Nobody was near my phone, there is no water damage or damage of any kind. It was just find one minute then changed to this pattern and I have no access whatsoever. When people try to call me, it goes straight to answerphone even although the phone is on. Is this saveable?

Jamie

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on May 1, 2015 1:12 PM

1 reply

May 3, 2015 12:51 PM in response to Swannea

Good day Jamie,

If the screen of your iPhone has changed to an unrecognizeable pattern, I would suggest that you troubleshoot using the steps in this article -

Get help with the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Start with the section titled If you see lines, missing sections, discoloration, or poor image quality.

1. Try to restart your device. If you can't restart, reset your device.
  2. If restarting or resetting doesn’t fix the issue, restore your device.
  3. If you still see the issue after you restore, contact Apple Support.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Safe computing,

Brett L

iPhone 5c screen plaid pattern

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.