Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble Reimporting Camera Clips

Hello, I have been wasting the last several hours on this maddening problem.

I am running FCPX 10.2 on an iMac (27-inch, Late 2012) with OS Yosemite 10.10.3.

I am editing a project with footage from my Canon7D. I finished editing my project, then realized (of course) that I couldn't share my project to a Master File, because I had accidentally ejected my camera during import and had been unknowingly editing from Camera Files.

That *****, but not a big deal, this ain't my first rodeo. I make sure the camera is connected (mounted, really, I use disk images of my CF cards).

Then I go to file>import>reimport from Camera/Archive.

I get the window that you're supposed to get, it says this:

User uploaded file

I hit continue...

nothing happens.

I have been trying this is all kinds of different ways, making an archive from my camera files, moving the files themselves to library's original media folder, nothing is working. No matter what I do, the reimport option does nothing. I about to throw this computer across the room.

Any help would be much appreciated.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 1, 2015 2:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2015 9:43 AM

Sorry if I'm pointing out the obvious here, but importing happens in the background. Are you sure that nothing is really happening?

Did you hit command-9 to see the background tasks window?

4 replies

May 2, 2015 9:43 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Hey Luis, Thanks so much for your reply.

And yes, sadly there are no background tasks running when I click "continue." I have the background tasks window open throughout this process.

I thought for a minute that it was just happening really quickly, but the clips remain camera clips.

I just ended up recutting the project. A big waste of time, but I've had the pleasure of beta testing apple software for years. You'd think I'd be used to it by now. 🙂

Trouble Reimporting Camera Clips

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.