Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 5 screen is popping out

The screen on my phone has been popping out for the past few months but it has been working so I didn't bother to get it checked. Soon after that, my phone stopped fitting in my case, so when I dropped it, the screen cracked. My friend just let me know that it could be unsafe to continue using my phone. Many people have gotten their's fixed for free because it can be a safety hazard, but I don't think they will do it for free because my screen is also cracked, and I'm on a budget. I dont mind it not being fixed as long as it is safe to use, so is it?

iPhone 5s

Posted on May 1, 2015 1:22 PM

2 replies

May 1, 2015 3:42 PM in response to arianagd

Hi arianagd,

My mum's iPhone 5 has basically developed the same problem minus the cracked screen. I would suggest that you book an appointment with Apple as soon as you can and have the battery issues resolved. I am going to paste link at the end of this, if you read it than there are a couple of experiences from other people who suggest that if you go to the Genius Bar and actually treat the 'Geniuses' with some respect rather than just demanding your problems be fixed than they will go above and beyond to help you i.e they may even fix ur screen for free or may just give u a new replacement iPhone.

They should do the battery for free, but if they don't help out w/ the screen than there are a number of options online or even the city where you live who can do it for as cheap as may be $50. But i suggest that be nice to the apple folk and hope and pray they do the whole thing for you for free.

Link: http://gotoanswer.com/?q=Iphone+5+swollen+battery

Hope this was helpful!

Best,

Mac

P.S - your friend is right, it is unsafe to use a phone with a cracked glass and a swollen battery!

My iPhone 5 screen is popping out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.