Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iCloud fees

Last year I purchased 20gb for a yearly fee of $10.99 a year. I just payed that fee, and my 20gb just ran out. I'd like to purchase more, but I'm confused by the new system. It says "20gb for .99c a month", I understand it I switched to this plan, I would no longer pay the $10.99 a year, but would I get a total of 40gb for my phone? (the 20 I purchased last year plus the 20 I would be purchasing for a monthly fee).

Also, if you switch to 20gb a month, is it 20 new GBs a month? Or are you just paying to access the same 20gbs?

I hope that makes sense.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 1, 2015 5:47 PM

1 reply

May 3, 2015 2:15 PM in response to HailieElizabeth

Hi HailieElizabeth,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it sounds like you want to know more about the storage upgrades. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

iCloud storage upgrades and downgrades - Apple Support

If you have an annual plan, you can upgrade or downgrade to one of the monthly plans above only.

You can increase the amount of storage by selecting a new plan from your iPhone, iPad, iPod, Mac, or PC (for example, a 200 GB plan to replace a 20 GB plan). Your existing storage plan will be canceled, and you'll be charged the prorated cost for the upgrade

Cheers,

Mario

New iCloud fees

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.