Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disk not ejected properly

I'm running Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9.5. on my 21" iMac. One of my external hard disks, 1Tb "My Passport" by WD, is not recognized and I am getting every now and then the message "Disk not ejected properly" without doing nothing. I have tried different actions, including reinstalling Mavericks, but nothing works. However, it was recognized before, but I can't if it was after upgrading or before from Mountain Lion.

Message was edited by: Javier Antroxu

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), null

Posted on May 1, 2015 5:06 PM

4 replies

May 2, 2015 3:56 PM in response to dianeoforegon

When I connect the external hard drive "My Passport WD" to my computer, it appears and is recognized for a few minutes (2-3), both on Disk Utility and on the computer desktop; afterwards, it vanishes and I get the message "Disk not ejected properly", without having done anything. Same thing happens when I connect the same hard drive to other computers, one running under Mac OS X Yosemite, and the other one under Windows XP. When I try to update the drive, the hard drive vanishes before I can complete the action.

Disk not ejected properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.