Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Image sizing for 3240 x 1080 Presentation

Hello! I am building a presentation in 3240 x 1080.

There are quite a few imported images and the Keynote file size is getting very large. Can I reduce the resolution of the images to help reduce the overall file size? I want to maintain sharp image at this large screen size.

What is the best resolution for imported images for a presentation this large? I have quite a few that are huge and I think are making the Keynote file large. Does Keynote automatically adjust the image size to that which is optimal?

Any guidance would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Patrick

IMac, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on May 1, 2015 3:35 PM

5 replies

May 2, 2015 3:25 AM in response to patdesign1

What is the reason for creating an extreme letterbox format, your slide size is shown below?

User uploaded file

The Keynote slide size should have the same pixel dimensions as the output device, therefore the slide size for a presentation displayed on a 27" iMac would be 2560 x 1440 pixels. Images to be shown full screen in this presentation should be sized to 2560 x 1440 pixels, the same pixel dimensions as the slide size. Square images would be sized to 1440 x 1440

May 2, 2015 4:00 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Thanks for your reply Gary. This is for a presentation at a user conference. This was the size I was given from the video production company. I've double checked it and it's the right size.

if I size all my images to 3240 x 1080 isn't this going to create some very large image file sizes? I thought increasing the size increased the pixels as well? Sorry for my lack of understanding, I'm used to working in print.

May 2, 2015 5:32 AM in response to patdesign1

if I size all my images to 3240 x 1080 isn't this going to create some very large image file sizes?

If you import 100 individual JPEG image files, sized at 3240 x 1080 pixels, into a Keynote presentation set to a slide size of 3240 x 1080 pixels, the Keynote file size created will be 15 Mbytes, that is cetainly not a large file size for a presentation of 100 images.

Keynote presentations that contain multiple Quicktime video files are in the GBytes and don't cause any problems.

May 2, 2015 7:11 AM in response to patdesign1

patdesign1 wrote:

Attached is a screen shot of the PhotoShop Image Size dialog box. What resolution should the images be? I want to have the sharpest yet lowest size files.

As I explained before, match the image pixel size to the final output pixel size required, so your settings in Photoshop are correct.

Saving each as a JPEG at 3240 x 1080 pixels and the file size will be less than 600 Kbytes each, hardly a large file size.

Image sizing for 3240 x 1080 Presentation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.