Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't log into FaceTime or iMessage?

I bought a brand new iPad mini 3 from Apple, it is up-to-date as well as the time and date being set to automatic. I have tried manually setting it, which makes no difference. When I attempt to log on to either application, it either does not respond or a message appears informing me that there is a connection error, to check my network and to try again. There is nothing wrong with my connection, as it works perfectly fine with everything else?

I have even attempted to create two separate Apple ID accounts and neither of them have worked.

Can anybody help please?

iPad mini 3-OTHER, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 1, 2015 4:36 PM

7 replies

May 2, 2015 9:45 AM in response to hong23265

Apple has a problem with the IPad Mini 3, new AppleIDs and FaceTime, iMessage. This version started back in March.

You need need to call AppleCare and tell them. I went to the Apple Store and while they couldn't help, later when I called AppleCare and they said it was my network I could tell them I tried their network too.

It's not a quick fix. I think they are fixing AppleIDs one at a time!

You don't need a phone number with an iPad to use those apps.

There are a lot of posts here about this, the biggest one is imessage and Facetime sign in activation error iPad ios8.1.2

Start at page 18 for the current issue. Good luck

May 12, 2015 8:48 AM in response to Thanhlan26261

My only suggestion is call AppleCare and get in line. From what I have gathered they are fixing one appleid at a time. My "senior tech" has turned it over to "engineers" that was on May 2, and nothing so far! Trust me I've tried everything, and so have many and it seems if you find something that works, it's a fluke or a coincidence that yours was fixed! Apple sure won't tell you the real truth. Changing AppleId didn't help, changing password didn't help, wiping out ipadmini 3 to factory settings and starting over didn't help, and I could go on and on! GOOD LUCK to You Thanhlan26261

May 12, 2015 4:05 PM in response to wexler2

wexler2 wrote:

What Apple doesn't get is that when you open messages or FaceTime in settings there ARE NO OPTIONS, only a login screen that won't let you log in. No on off button, no send receive, nothing but a login screen!

Overly frustrated in Tennessee 10 days today! Not acceptable!

They know exactly what the settings (or lack thereof) look like. I sent them screen shots of mine back in March which were supposedly forwarded to engineers. I just don't know if every single senior tech and engineer is reinventing the wheel. Sure feels like it.

May 13, 2015 2:45 PM in response to 'shana

I Am almost afraid to post this, but I put password in last night after doing nothing at all, and it finally worked. It had to be the engineers at Apple, hopefully they are not having to fix one at a time but I can say I was shocked when it did login. It has asked me to login again to imessage twice since but it accepted password both times. I don't think there is one simple fix, best solution is to call AppleCare and get in line! Keeping hope that this is the end of the problem here! Good luck to everyone still having issues, I feel your pain! one more thing if you do call and they turn it over to engineers it took 10 days from my first phone call until it worked!

I can't log into FaceTime or iMessage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.