Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Buying a new Mac & the future of the Mini

New Mac

My main Mac is a 7-yr old iMac (10.6.8) on its last legs. Gotta wait till summer to buy a new one. I'm getting tired of throwing away a perfectly good monitor every time I throw away the old CPU.

The Mac Pro is too expensive and too much tool for my uses. The Mac Mini is perfect, but the new one is not as powerful/flexible as the one it replaced, causing people to wonder about the future of the Mini.

While I'm waiting for this summer's purchase, I got a question: Is it wise to purchase a Mac Mini & a 3rd party monitor, only to have an extra monitor 5 years from now when the Mini dies & Apple discontinues the Mini? Does anyone have informed tho'ts on this?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 2012 iPod Touch

Posted on May 1, 2015 6:43 PM

3 replies

May 2, 2015 12:21 AM in response to woodrackets

None of us work for Apple, we're just users like yourself. IAW the Terms of Use Agreement, members aren't suppose to speculate about Apple's future products.

Excerpt:

Submissions

Stay on topic. Apple Support Communities is here to help people use Apple products and technologies more effectively. Unless otherwise noted, do not add Submissions about nontechnical topics, including:

Speculations or rumors about unannounced products.

Discussions of Apple policies or procedures or speculation on Apple decisions.

Buying a new Mac & the future of the Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.