Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I limit the size of incoming messages to less than 20 MB?

Can I limit the size of incoming messages to less than 20 MB when using ICLOUD Mail?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on May 1, 2015 6:19 PM

4 replies

May 2, 2015 3:08 PM in response to Gordon8491

I don't see any way of doing this in Apple Mail on a Mac or on the iCloud website - I don't know about iOS. Whether another mail client would allow you to I don't know - some years back it was possible to delay downloading of attachments above a specified size until deliberately instigated, but with the advent of broadband this has become less necessry.

May 4, 2015 7:34 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thunderbird. A lot like Eudora. Has all those controls to limit size, from who, block images and cookies. So you can fine tune mail and what gets downloaded.

With the advent of spear-phishing (only ever seen one pretending to be related to iTunes funnily enough!) would feel a whole lot safer that way.

Someone might be on cellular and costly data plan - and away from their broadband - but there are people and areas where you cannot just assume, well everyone has DSL or better and we're not going to provide way to limit data usage.

"@me" is just IMAP.

Can I limit the size of incoming messages to less than 20 MB?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.