Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When syncing in ITUNES (IMAC) it will asked whether to use IPHOTO or PHOTOS. If I choose PHOTOS it says that PHOTOS is not ready to come back later. I have tried this several times. It will only sync to IPHONE. Am I missing something.?

When syncing in ITUNES (IMAC) it will asked whether to use IPHOTO or PHOTOS. If I choose PHOTOS it says that PHOTOS is not ready to come back later. I have tried this several times. It will only sync to IPHONE. Am I missing something.?

Posted on May 1, 2015 7:27 PM

4 replies

May 6, 2015 1:02 PM in response to Cunnla

Cunnla

Thanks for the reply.

I tried this, I still got the reply when trying to import to the IPHONE 6 that the PHOTOS database was still unavailable.

Incase the problem was with PHOTOS linking to the IPHOTOS database, I also ran the database repair tool on IPHOTO and it still does not import any photos from this year. It will import 38,000 of the 40,000 plus photos. There is plenty of room on the phone.

Trying to bring any photos from the PHOTOS database fails.

My database is over 40,000 photos it is not currently synced to ICLOUD. I am wondering if this may be the problem..

I am currently running the repair utility on the PHOTOS Database.

Again thank you very much for your replay.

May 16, 2015 12:27 PM in response to Cunnla

I had rebuilt both the IPhoto and Phone apps databases. It seem to solve the problem on my IPads but not the IPhone. I restored the IPHONE 6 it seems to work correctly initially. But I noticed that after I added about 500 photos to the favorites it did not sync the new photos to either the IPHONE 6 and IPAD Air. I am currently rebuilding the PHOTOs database again.

One thing that was interesting about this during this whole process my IPHONE6 developed a issue with the battery power rapidly draining which when researched showed that the extreme drainage was due to the PHOTOS.app. Once the watch was restored that problem when away.

I would appear that the root issue that there is a problem between the Photos.app , ITunes and IOS. Most likely the solution will only be fixed with software updates.

Because I have over 40,000 photos which I spent hundreds of hours identifying faces and locations, it has been very frustrating dealing with these issues.

I may try putting the photos on ICloud to see if it can over come some of the problems but I wanted to wait to see if this problem would be cleared up and if the Photos.app will be updated to edit or add location information like I had in IPHONE.

Again thank you for your suggestions and help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.