Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple books, proportion of photos to print

I have just finished my first IPhoto book. I am getting ready to BUY the book from Apple directly. My question is that there is an option to have four to five photos per page. I am worried that once the book has been printed that the SIZE of the actual photo will be TOO small. Has anyone made a book and found that when using the option of 4 to 5 pictures per page, do the pictures appear TOO small? Would you recommend two to three pictures per page instead of 4 to 5? Hard to see the SIZE of the photo from your laptop.

Also I am worried about the size of the font that is allowed. What size would you recommend to ensure that it is visible and proportionate to the rest of the page.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on May 1, 2015 7:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2015 6:45 AM

Only you can decide if the size is right.

You can create a PDF prewiew of your book and print the page with the many photos on your own printer. Then you will see if the size is right.

I usually include the best shots as full-page photos, and photos that are no great pictures but necessary to tell the story on pages with four photos.

See this page on how to create a preview of your book: iPhoto, Aperture: Previewing an order in iPhoto or Aperture

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2015 6:45 AM in response to kfrommuskoka

Only you can decide if the size is right.

You can create a PDF prewiew of your book and print the page with the many photos on your own printer. Then you will see if the size is right.

I usually include the best shots as full-page photos, and photos that are no great pictures but necessary to tell the story on pages with four photos.

See this page on how to create a preview of your book: iPhoto, Aperture: Previewing an order in iPhoto or Aperture

apple books, proportion of photos to print

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.