Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgotten restrictions code

hi so when I got my iPod I had a restrictions code. Now that I'm older I want to take off the restrictions code but I forgot the password. I heard that the only way to get rid of it is to retract my iPod as brand new however I was wondering if I restarted my iPod as new, and plugged it into my laptop and restored it from the back up that I had on my icloud, would the restrictions password be reuploaded onto my iPod. So basically if I restarted my iPod as new and then restored it from a back up i had before I restarted it would the restrictions code be added into my iPod? I want to restore my iPod after I restart it because I have some apps that if they gor deleted everything would be gone and some apps that I have arent on the App Store anymore so I still want to keep them. If anyone could reply ASAP that would be amazing. Thank you!

iPod touch, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on May 1, 2015 10:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2015 1:30 AM

Forgotten RESTRICTIONS Passcode

- Place the iOS device in Recovery Mode and restore via iTunes. For how to restore: iTunes: Restoring iOS software

You have to either:

- Restore from a backup that was make before you added the Restrictions passcode. If you restore from a backup made with the Restrictions passcode the Restrictions passcode is also restored.

- Restore to factory settings/new iPod

For the old apps transfer them (it transfer all apps from iPod to computer, you can't select which ones get transfered) to your computer and sync them to the iPod after restoring to factory settings/new iPod

iTunes Store: Transferring purchases from your iOS device or iPod to a computer

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2015 1:30 AM in response to can someone please help me

Forgotten RESTRICTIONS Passcode

- Place the iOS device in Recovery Mode and restore via iTunes. For how to restore: iTunes: Restoring iOS software

You have to either:

- Restore from a backup that was make before you added the Restrictions passcode. If you restore from a backup made with the Restrictions passcode the Restrictions passcode is also restored.

- Restore to factory settings/new iPod

For the old apps transfer them (it transfer all apps from iPod to computer, you can't select which ones get transfered) to your computer and sync them to the iPod after restoring to factory settings/new iPod

iTunes Store: Transferring purchases from your iOS device or iPod to a computer

Forgotten restrictions code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.