Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unresponsive iphone 6 screen

my phone is freezes and lags up multiple times a day! screen freezes and the only temporary solution is to lock then unlock my phone.

sent my phone in to be repaired, they sent it back saying it was fine,

received my phone back and it was fine, then problem started coming back up again.

help?!?!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3, null

Posted on May 2, 2015 12:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2015 4:19 AM

I am having the same problem. First time I went to the Apple store (my appointment was 3.5 hours behind schedule) they replaced my phone with a new one. It worked fine for about two days then it started happening again. I could not believe it. I went to the store a second time, just 4 days after they had given me the new phone, and this time they said it was a hardware issue so they replaced my screen (this was a full day repair).

It worked well for about a week and then it started showing the symptoms once again: screen starts lagging, then it doesn't respond to touch but there's typing and moving through pages without me even touching the screen, and ultimately a completely unresponsive screen.

I am going to the Apple store later today to see what they say and I do not think this is a hardware issue. Another thing that worries me is that my 6 month warranty is almost up, so what happens then when my iPhone 6 inevitably goes unresponsive and I am no longer under warranty? Hopefully Apple is working on a fix for this because I can't keep taking days off from work to go the the Apple store, plus I shouldn't have to go without a phone for hours at a time because of a problem they don't seem to care about.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2015 4:19 AM in response to oanhxo

I am having the same problem. First time I went to the Apple store (my appointment was 3.5 hours behind schedule) they replaced my phone with a new one. It worked fine for about two days then it started happening again. I could not believe it. I went to the store a second time, just 4 days after they had given me the new phone, and this time they said it was a hardware issue so they replaced my screen (this was a full day repair).

It worked well for about a week and then it started showing the symptoms once again: screen starts lagging, then it doesn't respond to touch but there's typing and moving through pages without me even touching the screen, and ultimately a completely unresponsive screen.

I am going to the Apple store later today to see what they say and I do not think this is a hardware issue. Another thing that worries me is that my 6 month warranty is almost up, so what happens then when my iPhone 6 inevitably goes unresponsive and I am no longer under warranty? Hopefully Apple is working on a fix for this because I can't keep taking days off from work to go the the Apple store, plus I shouldn't have to go without a phone for hours at a time because of a problem they don't seem to care about.

unresponsive iphone 6 screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.