Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SD card reader not workiing post IOS 8.3 update

Tried to use the SD card reader following the IOS update to 8.3, had the same problem as i had back in March when i updated to 8.2, ie SD does not recognise the SD card, i tried the previous fix of carrying out a restore, it still does not work- whats the matter with Apple , this is simply not good enough-HELP fix this irritating issue

Rosemarie

iPad 2, iOS 8.2, Sd card reader

Posted on May 2, 2015 2:43 AM

5 replies

May 27, 2015 1:56 PM in response to roseatparcroft

I am also having the same issue. I have an SD card reader that I used frequently and it worked great to upload pictures to my ipad air until I updated my software to IOS 8.3 and now when I plug it in, nothing happens. I don't get an error message. It used to automatically load thumbnails of all of my pictures and I could select which ones to import, but now no thumbnails come up. It has to be the software, because I was previously using the same SD card from the same camera in the same card reader on this ipad and it all worked great. Please help!!!!!! I am on vacation and do not have an apple store nearby.....

May 29, 2015 8:19 AM in response to geomargy

Years ago I bought a Nano 2g and a car radio with a connector. Worked fine and was charging.

Bought a Nano 4g - incompatible, not charging.

The change to the way less stable lightning plug (think of docks and such!) made millions of alarm clocks and radios and docks and things obsolete - that's why I'm still on my 4s.

I sure know what brand I'll NOT be buying anymore, should the devices fail one day.

anyway I asked the dealer who sold the reaser I Amazon if there was a version with 8.3 - and he offered me to exchange it for free!

I sent it in, but I added a bill to cover half of the price - it's certainly not the seller's fault (nor the maker's).

SD card reader not workiing post IOS 8.3 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.