Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my question disappear while being typed up on this website?

Whenever I type up my questions in this space they sporadically disappear about 3 or 4 times. I sometimes get lucky and find the website again in history pull down of the browser. I have found that this occurs: When I try to correct a misspelled word that this website has underline with red dots, also when I try to hit return to start a new line of typing, like for a new paragraph, apparently I am forced to write lines beyond the width of my Macbook Air screen, unless I set the screen at its highest resolution, which makes the the type look microscopic. I am sure there are a lot of other reasons why the content I have painstakingly phrased to be without errors and understandable, suddenly wipes out. Many times after various trials I get lucky and find it was auto-saved by Apple. Many other times it just disappears and then appears half finished with all sorts of mistakes and omissions still in it on the website, apparently auto-posted about 30 minutes after it disappeared! By trial and error I found that it is best to set up the question in a word processing application and then copy it into this space.

Still, it appears that any ordinary typing skill is not necessarily accepted by this website - so I can never hit Return or Delete buttons, as this is like playing Russian Roulette with a six shooter. Is this site set up on purpose this way, or has nobody else noticed these problems?

Posted on May 2, 2015 3:10 AM

2 replies

Why does my question disappear while being typed up on this website?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.