Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

epub document in Marathi

Task - Create a marathi unicode document and export it to epub. The epub file should be readable on iOS and Android.

Problem - I have created an ebook using apple pages in Marathi Language. I have used marathi unicode font to do that. I have exported it in epub format. Now the porblem is the epub file is readable on Apple devices (macbook, iPhone, iPad) but not on android. Font is missing on Android.

What I have tried - I have downloaded Adobe indesign to perform the same task. It is helping me to do that, but there is a problem with some characters.

What I want - I want to know whether pages exports the documents in epub3 format. Is that the format right so that it will be readable in android. Is there a process to embedd the font to ebook in pages, so that I don't have to worry about it for different operating systems.

Please suggest.

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on May 2, 2015 12:29 AM

1 reply

May 2, 2015 6:05 AM in response to Sunil0301

I think you would have to modify the Pages epub to embed fonts. A google search on "pages epub embed fonts" might find some info on how to do that.

InDesign should work, but you may have to use the Devanagari font provided by Adobe instead of those provided by Apple to get proper display. Check in the Adobe forums regarding any problems

https://forums.adobe.com/welcome

I would have assumed that Android would normally include a Devanagari font, just like iOS does. Is that not true?

epub document in Marathi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.