Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen IPhone 6

In the past week i lost my iphone 6 at school, I spend the next few days asking around to see if anybody had seen or heard anything but nobody had. I have track my iphone setup and was wondering because it cant be traced is it possbile that they have restored the whole phone. I was on the latest ios version and i thought this wasnt possible to do? Also could my sim be traced to find them? Any help is apreciated.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3, Stolen

Posted on May 2, 2015 2:52 AM

7 replies

May 2, 2015 4:27 AM in response to Mr.Private

If you had "Find My iPhone" enabled in Settings > iCloud then you may be able to locate it. If not, you cannot locate it.

If it was enabled then you can try locating it via http://icloud.com on a computer or the App "Find My iPhone" on another iDevice. You can also tell your iPhone to "Play Sound", enter "Lost Mode", or "Erase".

Note: this will only work if your device is connected to a network and the device hasn't already been restored as new and/or "Find My iPhone" has not been disabled on it. Note: Disabling "Find My iPhone" is much more difficult in iOS 7/8.

If you think that your device was stolen rather than lost then you should report it to the police. In either case you should contact your carrier, change your iTunes account password, your email account passwords, and any passwords that you'd stored on websites/emails/notes etc.

See also here for additional information: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5668

May 2, 2015 4:55 AM in response to Mr.Private

They can't reset it in iOS 7/8 but I would not go so far as to say that it is completely impossible.

The police will not look for your IPhone but if it is turned into them or turns up in a collection of stolen goods or a pawn shop you may get it back. In many cases filing a police report is necessary to collect insurance payment.

Stolen IPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.