Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my 2008 MacBook Pro is restarting as Test User?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on May 2, 2015 5:41 AM

2 replies

May 2, 2015 6:52 AM in response to D0u9Kn0pp

Hi D0u9Kn0pp,

Could you explain a little more what is happening here? I am assuming you mean you are only given the option to log in as a Guest user? If so, try the following steps to boot your Mac in Safe Mood and disable Guest User:

• Be sure your Mac is shut down completely.
  • Press the Power Button.
  • Immediately after you hear the startup sound, hold the 'Shift Key'. The shift key should be held from the moment you hear the sound, but not before!
  • Release the Shift Key when you see the grey Apple icon and the progress indicator.

One inside, go to System Preferences and disable Guest User (Users and Groups) and Find My Mac (iCloud). Then restart your Mac and you should be able to log in as normal. Then be sure to set Find My Mac back up again 🙂

Good luck!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.