Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP X Use Draw Mask Tool in Multi Clip?

Have any of you found a way to use the Draw Mask tool in a multi-clip angle? The app allows one to apply it, but there's no way I've found to create any control points.

Otherwise, the tool works fine in a timeline. The nature of my edit makes the idea of doing this soley in the timeline a huge stop/think-about-it moment - well over a hundred edits in my current project and a complex timeline structure already, making a prospective additional storyline less than efficient.

Any wise insights are greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 2, 2015 8:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2015 8:28 AM

I'm curious as well because I've put very little time into the new mask tools and I'm not sure about their limitations.

If I take a multiclip and open it in the Angle Editor, I am unable to activate the onscreen control points, However, if I then open the angle in its own timeline, I can successfully draw the mask. When I return to the Angle Editor. the mask that I just applied is correctly displayed,.

Not sure whether it's supposed to work that way or not…I suspect not. Because iI apply the Shape Mask in the Angle Editor, I can convert to control points and adjust the shape and size in the Inspector via control points (although not via OSC).

Russ

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2015 8:28 AM in response to max68

I'm curious as well because I've put very little time into the new mask tools and I'm not sure about their limitations.

If I take a multiclip and open it in the Angle Editor, I am unable to activate the onscreen control points, However, if I then open the angle in its own timeline, I can successfully draw the mask. When I return to the Angle Editor. the mask that I just applied is correctly displayed,.

Not sure whether it's supposed to work that way or not…I suspect not. Because iI apply the Shape Mask in the Angle Editor, I can convert to control points and adjust the shape and size in the Inspector via control points (although not via OSC).

Russ

FCP X Use Draw Mask Tool in Multi Clip?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.