Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo Sharing sporadic loading of pictures

Hi,

I am sharing my entire photo library from my macbook via home sharing to the apple TV, however when I view the pictures and albums on the TV only certain pictures seem to load whilst the others just show as grey boxes or question marks... any ideas as it's pretty useless as a feature...

Thanks

Ryan

Posted on May 2, 2015 3:53 AM

10 replies

May 2, 2015 6:02 AM in response to Ryan Heppell

Intermittent problems are often a result of interference. Interference can be caused by other networks in the neighbourhood or from household electrical items.

You can download and install iStumbler (NetStumbler for windows users) to help you see which channels are used by neighbouring networks so that you can avoid them, but iStumbler will not see household items.

Refer to your router manual for instructions on changing your wifi channel or adjusting your multicast rate.

There are other types of problems that can affect networks, but this is by far the most common, hence worth mentioning first. Networks that have inherent issues can be seen to work differently with different versions of the same software. You might also try moving the Apple TV away from other electrical equipment.

The following article(s) may help you.

Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

Recommended Wi-Fi settings

Sources of Interference

Wifi Diagnostic Software (for Mac users)

You may also find some help on this page, where I’ve collected some of the more unusual solutions to network issues.

May 2, 2015 10:31 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Hello,

Thanks for your reply - so I have eliminated any interference issues by connecting the ATV3 via ethernet and I have also done a complete reset to factory settings and reinstall of the latest ATV software and the problem still persists.

The issue seems to be less of an interference issue as the connections are normally made to iTunes from the ATV almost immediately, however the photos function within home sharing seems to just display random blocks of pictures within an album and not load the other ones... there seems to be little logic to this...

it seems more lie a bug with the ATV software or possibly the new photos app on my mac?

User uploaded file

May 3, 2015 9:17 AM in response to Ryan Heppell

I have just tried to connect completely via wired ethernet and the same issue occurs.

I've incidentally come across another issue whereby photos which are included in my photos library do not appear within the safari upload browser window... could this be linked and some kind of database issue? Is there any way of rebuilding the photos database in the same way that the iPhoto database could be 'repaired'?

Thanks

Photo Sharing sporadic loading of pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.