Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple configurator process

On a MacBook Air I installed Apple configurator to manage an Ipad mini with iOS 8.3.

Also Apple configurator is fully up to date, version 1.7.1.

After making a setting in the preparation tab including supervsion ticked , I click Prepare and confirm with Apply when asked if all USB connected devices should be prepared.

I have one device connected to which the MacBook sends some commands (takes about a minute) .

After this minute in the top of the configuration App , the number 1 (1 device) is moving from the preparation to the supervise tab.

At this point, in order to move on to the supervision tab, I first have to press stop in the preparation tab.

There's no confirmation of the device connected being ready with the preparation , so.....

Is this "by design" or what do I have to do to get to the next tabs (supervise, assign) ?

User uploaded file

iPad Mini, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 2, 2015 5:01 AM

1 reply

Apple configurator process

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.