Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need to restore iPod Touch due to Apple Glitch, what will be backed up?

Hello everyone,

I need to restore my iPod because Apple glitched and completely wiped my iTunes library. How can I make sure all music, photos and notes are backed up?

Please help. I've contacted support three times and still none the wiser.

Thanks in advance 🙂

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on May 2, 2015 5:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2015 6:44 AM

It depends if you mad a backup and not all thinks are backed up to iTunes on your computer or iCloud:

To restore from backup see:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

If you restore from iCloud backup the apps will be automatically downloaded. If you restore from iTunes backup the apps and music have to be in the iTunes library since synced media like apps and music are not included in the backup of the iOS device that iTunes makes.

You can redownload most iTunes purchases by:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2015 6:44 AM in response to Abi94

It depends if you mad a backup and not all thinks are backed up to iTunes on your computer or iCloud:

To restore from backup see:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

If you restore from iCloud backup the apps will be automatically downloaded. If you restore from iTunes backup the apps and music have to be in the iTunes library since synced media like apps and music are not included in the backup of the iOS device that iTunes makes.

You can redownload most iTunes purchases by:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

Need to restore iPod Touch due to Apple Glitch, what will be backed up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.