Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pop Up Menu or better alternative?

Hello,

I am trying to make a cell with a popup menu where when I select a value, for instance, '2', the cells after automatically multiply by 2. If I select '3', all the cells after multiply by 3.

This is for a diet plan, so if I select '2', meaning 2 servings, the values for the '1' serving multiply by 2.

Thank you

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on May 2, 2015 7:39 AM

2 replies

May 2, 2015 10:34 AM in response to Leniwm1

Hi Leniwn1

Steppers, sliders, popups even star ratings could all give you a number value to multiply by. It is a matter of your preference. I chose a stepper in a situation where I had 50+ numbers to choose from but usually wanted only to move up or down a little. If I had preferred to start at the beginning, I would have done a popup. A slider if I wanted to sweep from my current value.

quinn

May 4, 2015 2:18 AM in response to Leniwm1

Hi Leniwm,

Are you asking how to create Pop-Up Menus?

Enter the values and select those cells

User uploaded file

Format Panel > Cell > Data Format > Pop-Up Menu

User uploaded file

Select cell C2 and Copy

User uploaded file

Select all the Body Cells in that column (if the table has a Header Row, double click on the column label C to select all Body Cells)

Paste.

Each Body Cell in C is now a Pop-Up Menu set to 1.

User uploaded file

Regards,

Ian.

Pop Up Menu or better alternative?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.