Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts entered on iPhone will not update to other devices

iOS 8.3 on iPhone 5S

OSX 10.10.3 on Macbook Pro mid-2012

iOS 8.3 on iPad

In past 6 months, any new contacts added directly to iPhone will not sync to other devices. Therefore, using Messages on Mac or iPad means contact is only reachable through inputting the phone number or email and is not in Contacts like on the iPhone. Problem does not happen if I add a new contact to Mac. Contacts sync accurately from Mac to iPhone. Yes, I could re-enter all the Contacts into my Mac/iPad separately, but that's not how this is all supposed to work, so I'd like it to start syncing properly.

Have tried all the basics, but has not impacted the problem at all:

• signing into and out of iCloud on all devices
  • toggle Messages on and off on all devices
  • toggle Contacts on and off on all devices
  • 'Reset' Documents and Data through iCloud.com and restarted all devices

Thanks for any advice.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 2, 2015 6:51 AM

1 reply

May 2, 2015 7:09 PM in response to csw0123

MacBook Pro 13" mid-2012 running Mountain Lion OS X 10.8.5

iPhone 4S running iOS 7 (whatever the latest version was)

iPad Mini running iOS 8.3

I am having the same problem as the first poster.

For several months at least the new contacts and updates I have added to my iPhone have not been syncing reliably on my Mac. It seems that when I make a new contact (or update to existing contact) on my Mac that comes thru OK to phone but not the other way round.

Given that my devices all meet the minimum requirements for syncing Contacts via iCloud, how do I make this all work properly?

Thanks for any help you guys can offer...

Contacts entered on iPhone will not update to other devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.