Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

QuickTime No Longer Working in Chrome Browser

I'm using Chrome version 42.0.2311.135m (currently says it's up to date). When I visit Apple Trailers and try to view it trailer, it says QuickTime is out of date. I download the installer and I get the options to modify, repair or remove. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Quicktime and I still get the error. I'm not sure why this is suddenly happening, but it's frustrating. It works in Firefox, but that suggests there may be a lack of compatibility between Chrome and QuickTime.

Any thoughts on solutions?

Posted on May 2, 2015 6:18 AM

5 replies

May 2, 2015 9:23 AM in response to QuickTimeKirk

Then why, when I go to chrome://plugins/ in my browser, do I see multiple plugins, one of which is Adobe Flash, which is not a Google-branded plugin.

I should be able to access any site anywhere with whatever browser I like. I shouldn't be restricted from certain sites, especially major sites like Apple's, just because I use a specific browser.

QuickTime No Longer Working in Chrome Browser

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.