Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

time capsule internal disk error

Hi,

My Time Capsule (tower model) will not show up in the finder and AirPort Utility shows the error "Internal Disk Needs Repair".

I've tried all three resets (soft, hard and factory) and also accessing the disk through the Finder Go menu.

Unfortunately none of these has worked.

I could hear the hard disk spinning when I did the factory reset but my hopes were quickly dashed.

Any help would be much appreciated

Airport Time Capsule-OTHER

Posted on May 2, 2015 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2015 9:55 AM

Sorry but it is broken.. return to apple for warranty replacement.

I should add the issue could require an erase of the hard disk.. but if it is in warranty then take it back.

In airport utility.. click on the TC icon.. click on edit.. go to the disk tab.

User uploaded file

Select erase.. and do a quick erase to begin with.. if that works which I doubt.. do a Zero Out Data.. which = one pass erase which = a low level format of the disk. Never ever use 7 or 35 pass erase. They are ridiculous. If the one pass erase works it will take half a day.. figure out how long a 35 pass takes.

User uploaded file

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2015 9:55 AM in response to Rodney Joyce

Sorry but it is broken.. return to apple for warranty replacement.

I should add the issue could require an erase of the hard disk.. but if it is in warranty then take it back.

In airport utility.. click on the TC icon.. click on edit.. go to the disk tab.

User uploaded file

Select erase.. and do a quick erase to begin with.. if that works which I doubt.. do a Zero Out Data.. which = one pass erase which = a low level format of the disk. Never ever use 7 or 35 pass erase. They are ridiculous. If the one pass erase works it will take half a day.. figure out how long a 35 pass takes.

User uploaded file

time capsule internal disk error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.