Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AP Express BS not working with newer AP

hi there people.

is anybody else having problem getting there AP express A1088 working along side newer AP extreme 5 gen and AP express 2 gen.

i bought a AP A1088 to stream music to the garden but i can't getting on my network, I've hard reset it configured it but at the very end i get a warning message (an error occurred while reading the configuration). i have been using airport utility 5.6.1 just won't work I've tried a few time now, any help out there thank you.

Cardarelli-M.

Posted on May 2, 2015 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2015 10:53 AM

i bought a AP A1088 to stream music to the garden but i can't getting on my network, I've hard reset it configured it but at the very end i get a warning message (an error occurred while reading the configuration).

An A1088 version of the Express is at least 9 years old, and probably older. Although I am sure that the seller said that it was working perfectly, everything that you are telling us at this point indicates otherwise.

As a last resort, try a Factory Default Reset on the AirPort Express as follows:

Power off the Express for a few minutes

Hold in the reset button first, and keep holding it in for another 7-8 seconds while you simultaneously plug the Express back into power

Release the reset button after the hold period

Allow a full minute for the Express to restart to a slow, blinking amber light status

Try the setup again.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2015 10:53 AM in response to Cardarelli-M.

i bought a AP A1088 to stream music to the garden but i can't getting on my network, I've hard reset it configured it but at the very end i get a warning message (an error occurred while reading the configuration).

An A1088 version of the Express is at least 9 years old, and probably older. Although I am sure that the seller said that it was working perfectly, everything that you are telling us at this point indicates otherwise.

As a last resort, try a Factory Default Reset on the AirPort Express as follows:

Power off the Express for a few minutes

Hold in the reset button first, and keep holding it in for another 7-8 seconds while you simultaneously plug the Express back into power

Release the reset button after the hold period

Allow a full minute for the Express to restart to a slow, blinking amber light status

Try the setup again.

May 2, 2015 10:00 AM in response to Cardarelli-M.

The warning message might not mean anything, because the temporary wireless network being used to configure it disappears after it has been configured and the Express resets. In other words, ignore the message and determine if you can stream music to the garden anyway.

The original 802.11b/g Express models A1084 and A1088 were discontinued over seven years ago, are no longer supported by Apple, and might not be able to "wirelessly extend" a network created by the newer Extreme. I no longer have any of those old Express base stations to test, so I am not certain of that.

Your older Express will almost certainly work if you connect it to the Extreme with an Ethernet cable, but "wirelessly extending" its network might not be an option. You will have to tell us.

AP Express BS not working with newer AP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.