Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Drop down menu

Hi Guys,

I have attached screenshot as proof, I dont seem to have the option to have a drop down menu in my cell.

I want to create a drop down menu and add a number of different options for a questionnaire type form that I am creating for my business.

Also, is there a way that I can link this information to prices from the drop down menu, for example. All help on this would be fantastic.

Paint requested---- Drop down menu with several options such as Pearl, Sparkle, Speical Mix,-------- So if the first was selected this would be £20 the next would be £40 etc.

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 2, 2015 8:43 AM

3 replies

May 2, 2015 10:24 AM in response to Liquid Colour Design

Hi LCD,

I am assuming you are using Numbers 3.5. I am on 3.2 so yours may work differently.

First- no checkbox/star/slider/etc./popup. Make sure there is no hidden content in the cell. See if deleting cell contents gets you anywhere. Can you make data entries? what do they look like?

As to the second part of your question, you want to create a lookup table that has the paint options and the prices. VLOOKUP() would probably serve in your price cell to retrieve the proper value.

quinn

May 2, 2015 11:03 AM in response to t quinn

I opened a pages and then inside pages I created a table. I have now opened Numbers and the pop-up menu is here which is great.

The problem now is as you will see from the attached image, I am trying to allow the pop-up menu to configure the end price on this form.

I am trying to create a form so when I receive information from the client I can indeed speed up the quote process and be transparent in my costings, if I could work out how to figure the adding up from the different drop down menus so the price is calculated at the end.

As you will see from the attached image the cells just carry out the maths as normal.

User uploaded file

Further to the above information you will see the drop down menus in the next image which I am trying to create an easy way to work out the overall cost this will be also fantastic for my clients.

User uploaded file

Look forward to all your help on what seems a very basic help, but I am stuck! Dhoo..

May 2, 2015 11:35 AM in response to Liquid Colour Design

Hi LCD,

You can do everything you want to do from within popup/dropdown menus. One reason I suggest a lookup table/s is that it will be a lot easier to manage when you have to change prices. The formulas are also simpler.

=RIGHT(B13,3) will take the last three digits from the right of the value in B13. So if the value in B13 is Yes- $250 it returns "250". If the value is Yes- $2 it returns " $2". Notice the space in front of the currency. Even though this is a text value Numbers will treat it as a number if you want to multiply it.

quinn

Drop down menu

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.