Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP!! My iphone 6 keeps dropping calls and I have a verizon extender

Hi,

My iPhone 6 my Carrier is Verizon my iPhone 6 has been dropping calls I think it’s only when I’m home and also we have a cellphone booster aka Verizon Extender and it does connect to that also but when someone calls me it connects then drops right away and then I try right away to call them back and then the call goes though. I have tried a hard reset on my iPhone 6 I have tried just by turning on and off the airplane mode and I have tried resetting the network settings which I just did. I thought of maybe doing the part when you take your sim card out and put that back in but I have not done that yet! I don't know what to do if this keeps happing it is really annoying! Can you please help me! Thanks Also I have looked online of how to fix it but have not come up with anything yet

How do I stop my iPhone 6 from dropping calls?

Also

my iphone 6 keeps dropping calls and I have a verizon extender and it says that my iphone is on it but it is not working and I have either 2 or 3 LTE bars.

Thanks

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3, iPhone 6, Dropped Calls

Posted on May 2, 2015 10:15 AM

1 reply

May 4, 2015 11:03 AM in response to Sparychess

Hi Sparychess,

Thanks for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you're not able to receive calls on your iPhone 6 when you're at home, although you can make calls.

You've tried several good troubleshooting steps, and if the behavior continues I would recommend removing and reinserting the SIM card next. See this article for guidance on completing this step:

Remove the SIM card from your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If calls still disconnect, try these steps from If you can't make or receive calls on your iPhone:

Update your software

1. Check for a carrier settings update.
  2. Check for an iOS software update. Some updates might require a Wi-Fi connection.

Update your Preferred Roaming List (PRL)

The PRL determines the cellular towers that your iPhone uses for cell service and selects those with the best signal strength.

• If you're on the Verizon network, dial *228 and select option 2.
  • If you're on the Sprint network, dial ##873283#.

Contact your carrier

When you contact your carrier, check the following:

• Your account is set up to use your iPhone.
  • There aren't any localized service outages.
  • Your account doesn't have a billing-related block.
  • Your calls don't have errors on the carrier system.

Sincerely,

Jeremy

HELP!! My iphone 6 keeps dropping calls and I have a verizon extender

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.