Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

dragging a selection

How do I drag a selection? Help says I can do so when the pointer turns to a hand. I never get a hand. Response to a similar question in the forum says you can drag from the yellow but that appears in the center of the margin of a cell. I assume that should apply to a selection of cells. I get no yellow button with a selection of cells.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on May 2, 2015 9:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2015 4:50 PM

Further search in the forums led to discovery of a solution. (I did not find this solution in the forum, though. I discovered it by accident on the basis of something that was suggested.)

With a trackpad a three-fingered swipe from the bottom left corner of the track pad "lifts" the selection which can then be drug.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2015 4:50 PM in response to EricWeir

Further search in the forums led to discovery of a solution. (I did not find this solution in the forum, though. I discovered it by accident on the basis of something that was suggested.)

With a trackpad a three-fingered swipe from the bottom left corner of the track pad "lifts" the selection which can then be drug.

dragging a selection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.