Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to send edits into new event?

Hello there,

I imported several videos into a new event. What I am trying to do is to edit specific sections of the videos and then rearrange them to make a single movie.

I started making edits to one of the video, but realised that If I continued I would have hundreds of little clips to move around. What I would like to do is send all my edits as separate clips into a new event to make it easier and less messy. Is there a way to do it quickly instead of exporting them one by one to re-importing them into imovie?

Sorry if this question was already asked, I searched but found nothing.

Thank you in advance.

OSX 10.9.5

iMovie 10.0.3

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on May 2, 2015 9:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2015 10:51 AM

No. Events are to import original media into. in this case your input videos. What you could do is to split the videos into pieces using Quicktime Player and afterwards import those into an event.

I'm afraid I'm not really clear why you want to put the edited pieces into a new event? You must have created them in a project timeline so why not rearrange them there, delete the bits you don't want and complete and share the movie. If you want to re-use the same pieces in another movie, keep the project and when you want to use them again copy the bits you want to re-use into the new project.

Geoff.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2015 10:51 AM in response to H.P Leroux

No. Events are to import original media into. in this case your input videos. What you could do is to split the videos into pieces using Quicktime Player and afterwards import those into an event.

I'm afraid I'm not really clear why you want to put the edited pieces into a new event? You must have created them in a project timeline so why not rearrange them there, delete the bits you don't want and complete and share the movie. If you want to re-use the same pieces in another movie, keep the project and when you want to use them again copy the bits you want to re-use into the new project.

Geoff.

How to send edits into new event?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.