Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting pictures from 'Photos' application

I am a iPhone newbie, got my first iPhone 6. I was playing with iTunes, I had connected my iphone to my PC. I clicked on the photos tab, on itunes, and clicked on Sync Photos. It basically transferred all my pictures from my PC to the iphone. I had thought it was going to be the other way around, but oh well, I am a newbie, right?

I clicked on Sync Photos to uncheck it, and it "deleted" all the albums that had been transferred from my PC to the iphone, BUT, when I click the photos app, all the pictures still appear arranged under a 'Years' screen. When I click on the pictures, I am taken to a 'Collections' screen. When I click on each picture, I am taken to a 'Moments' screen. I am able to click on 'Select' at the top right of the screen. This gives me the option of selection as many pictures as I want, I see the 'trash' icon at the bottom right corner, but it's grayed out, I am not able to delete the picture, or all the pictures, as a matter of fact.

I would like to delete these pictures if possible, could this be done?

My iOS software is up to date, I have iOS 8.3.

Thank you

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 2, 2015 9:22 AM

2 replies

May 11, 2015 10:44 AM in response to Golf_Driver

Nobody even suggested an idea on how to fix it!!!

That's because you posted in the wrong forum. You posted in the iPhoto for iOS forum which is for an app that is no longer available or supported in the new iOS systems.

Read this Apple document, particularly the first section: https://discussions.apple.com/___sbsstatic___/apple/tutorial/welcome.html

User uploaded file

Deleting pictures from 'Photos' application

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.