Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When is Aperature going to support Raw Image Files from an Olympus M5 Mark II

When is OS Yosemite going to provide Raw Image File support for the Olympus M5 Mark II in Aperature and Photos? It has been a long wait.

Aperture 3, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Photos also lacks support

Posted on May 2, 2015 10:41 AM

4 replies

Jan 17, 2016 8:44 AM in response to Marc P

Unfortunately you need to be running at least 10.10 Yosemite to perform a normal install of the Raw Camera Update 6.04 that includes support for the EM-5 Mark II.

For other compatibility reasons however I needed to stay on 10.9 Mavericks, though I wanted RAW support in Aperture and Preview for my new EM-5 Mark II.

Luckily, I have found that if you extract the two Raw Camera bundles from the 6.04 update package and copy them to System / Library / Core Services in place of the existing ones, after a restart you'll see that your .ORF files now render correctly and the RAW parameters can be edited in Aperture. I did this on the Unix command line using the command 'sudo cp' in order to preserve permissions; you MIGHT be able to do this by dragging in the Finder, but if that doesn't work you'll know why.

When is Aperature going to support Raw Image Files from an Olympus M5 Mark II

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.