Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos Version 1.0 (209.52.0) will not import .jpg from my camera

I have an old Kodak Digital camera that always imported photos into iPhoto just fine. I am running MAC OS 10.10.3 Yosemite, and just got the new Photos app Version 1.0 (209.52.0) a few days ago. I get the error message below when trying to import.

Version 1.0 (209.52.0)User uploaded file

I switched to iPhoto and tried to import there despite all the warnings. No luck either with the following error message:

User uploaded file

I tried adjusting the output format of the digital files in my camera, but there is no obvious way to do so. This was NEVER a problem until this week when the new Photos app came out. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks!

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), iTunes 11.1.4 iPhoto 9.5.1

Posted on May 2, 2015 9:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2015 10:14 AM

I have the same problem with my Kodak easy share DX 7590 camera. I contacted Apple support by phone and opened a case. After about an hour on the phone and giving the tech permission to view my screen we tried many different ways to import the photos with no luck not even through iPhoto. So there is a problem with the software that they are working on. I just left a message with the tech to call me with an update on the progress for a fix. I sure hope Apple can fix this because I like my camera and I don't want to buy a new one unless Apple pays for it. Kodak was no help since they no longer offer support for my camera.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2015 10:14 AM in response to wallyt256

I have the same problem with my Kodak easy share DX 7590 camera. I contacted Apple support by phone and opened a case. After about an hour on the phone and giving the tech permission to view my screen we tried many different ways to import the photos with no luck not even through iPhoto. So there is a problem with the software that they are working on. I just left a message with the tech to call me with an update on the progress for a fix. I sure hope Apple can fix this because I like my camera and I don't want to buy a new one unless Apple pays for it. Kodak was no help since they no longer offer support for my camera.

Photos Version 1.0 (209.52.0) will not import .jpg from my camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.