Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keystroke to bring up 'Video' in Inspector window?

I can find the project info window keystroke, the color pane keystroke, the audio pane keystroke ...

But I can't find a keystroke to bring up the 'Video' pane in the Inspector.

Besides the Command 4

I want to be able to jump from pane to pane and if I'm in the info pane and hit Command 4, the Inspector closes and I have to hit it again to bring it up, and it brings back the 'info' pane anyhow.

I've been through the manual and a keystroke list I've got. No luck.

All ears,

Ben

MacBook Pro (15-inch Glossy), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 2, 2015 11:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2015 7:52 AM

I can't find a keystroke for that either.

The closest thing I could find is Ctrl-tab or ctrl-shift-tab does allow you to switch between the different tabs in the inspector, provided that it has focus.

But to ensure that you may have to click somewhere in the inspector, which sort of defeats the purpose.

I think you should use the provide feedback command in the application to request this.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2015 7:52 AM in response to Ben Low

I can't find a keystroke for that either.

The closest thing I could find is Ctrl-tab or ctrl-shift-tab does allow you to switch between the different tabs in the inspector, provided that it has focus.

But to ensure that you may have to click somewhere in the inspector, which sort of defeats the purpose.

I think you should use the provide feedback command in the application to request this.

May 4, 2015 7:57 AM in response to Russ H

Thank you guys,

There are some odd 'holes' in FCPX ... functions one would have thought obvious, not there. And yet the whole is quite brilliant. I'll at least have the Ctrl-tab, thank you for that Luis.

Very much appreciated, I can stop looking for the thing now...

And I'll send a note to FCPX.

All the best,

Ben

Keystroke to bring up 'Video' in Inspector window?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.