Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.3 iPad iBook delete books from library right after syncing

Hi,

I recently updated to iOS 8.3 and iTunes 12.1.2.27, after the update i found a strange problem started to occur on my iPad.

After syncing to iPad as usual, when I open iBook app, the books show up for a brief moment and then they start to disappear bunch by bunch until there only around one-third of all my books that I just synced left in the library. I've tried to go to iBook setting and try changing every setting, log out from iCloud on my iPad and reauthorise my MacBook in Mac iBook app. I've synced my iPad for more than a dozen times each time with different setting on iPad and option on iTunes, reset all settings on iPad, etc., nothing seems to fix the problem.

I use my iPad mostly for reading and this is really frustrating. Anyone having the same problem after the update?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9), 2.3Ghz, 16GB, nVidia 750M Late-2013

Posted on May 2, 2015 11:22 AM

3 replies

May 4, 2015 11:36 AM in response to iZen.J

Hello iZen.J,

If I understand correctly your books are unexpectedly being removed from your iPad when you sync the device to your computer despite resyncing the content, changing sync settings, and resetting all the settings on your iPad. Next I would quit all the running apps on your iPad:

iOS: Force an app to close

Double-click the Home button.

Swipe left or right until you have located the app you wish to close.

Swipe the app up to close it.

When you have done that restart the device and your computer then test the issue again:

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

If the issue persists, backup your device to iTunes, then restore it as new and verify that it works.

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

If it does, then restore your backup to either verify it still works and the software just needed reinstalled, or isolate the issue to the backup file itself.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Sterling

May 11, 2015 1:14 AM in response to sterling r

Dear Sterling R,

I have the same problem as iZen.J.

Apple replaces my broken iPad on another one and I recovered from my Backup on it. I had all my iBooks in backups and previously the recovery worked well.

Nevertheless, after that recovery several strange things happened:

1. the books show up for a brief moment and then they start to disappear bunch by bunch until they all disappeared

2. Instead of my books I received the full range of Nicholas Sparks library with a lot of books.

3. After several attempts of synchronization I received all my books back but still no PDF files.

4. After I did what you recommended my books from point 3 disappeared one more time.

5. When I upload the same PDF files that I lost iBook opens them in the correct places where I stopped read them that means I still have some history about them on my new device but not the files itself.

iBook is glitching quite seriously and nothing helps.

I would be grateful if you could help me to recover my PDFs.

Thanks

Jul 15, 2015 8:36 PM in response to Ekaterina Manahova

Good day!

IM having the exactly same problem. I've read in other places that some users are having the books back after some time.. Just waiting. But I had also another explanation: that the small time (of 2 or 4 secunds) actually is cause of the last 'image' that ibooks have on its memory, but, as both and neither icloud and itunes backup saves the books which have not been bought from apple store, ibooks show this last memory's image and soon, when he checks if the books are actually there (and they arent) he just 'updates' his status, already without the missing/disappeared books. Im really angry with apple cause of this, and still trying to find a aollution to it.

iOS 8.3 iPad iBook delete books from library right after syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.